Current Job Postings
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Supervisor
FAMILY SERVICES OF THE MERRIMACK VALLEY
Job Position: Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Supervisor
Reports to: CASA Director
Status: Full-time (32 hours/week), Non-Exempt
Family Services of the Merrimack Valley is seeking a full-time (32 hours/week) CASA Advocate Supervisor for its Essex County Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) program. This role is a HYBRID remote work/in office role that provides flexibility as long as the needs of the program are met. The CASA Advocate Supervisor will supervise and support a group of volunteers who advocate for abused and neglected children involved in Care and Protection cases heard out of the Essex County Juvenile Courts (Salem, Lynn, Lawrence, and Newburyport), with the primary focus being Salem and Lynn cases. Family Services is seeking candidates capable of working independently as well as in a team environment, as well as those that have had supervisory experience and/or experience working with DCF, the court and community organizations. Bilingual (Spanish & English) candidates are highly encouraged to apply. This position offers a $1,000 signing bonus!
• Supervise, support, and motivate volunteers as they advocate on behalf of abused and neglected children.
• Troubleshoot complex cases and communicate with parties to the case to ensure positive outcomes for the child(ren).
• Review, approve and edit volunteer court reports and finalize and distribute to the Court and parties to the case.
• Attend court hearings and other meetings, such as foster care reviews, IEP meetings, and treatment plan meetings, as needed.
• Ensure accurate and timely submission of case related data into a case management database.
• Participate in CASA recruitment activities and training of CASA Advocates.
• Participate in fundraising and community engagement activities.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a related field, or an Associate’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a related field.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Flexibility to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
• Verbal bilingual proficiency in Spanish/English (preferred).
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the child welfare field.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel along with the ability to learn new software applications.
• Experience working with volunteers.
• Knowledge and understanding of juvenile law, child abuse and neglect, families in crisis, and other social services skills.
• Experience and competency working with diverse families and cultures including the Latinx community.
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF THE MERRIMACK VALLEY
Family Services is a non-profit, social service organization located in Lawrence, MA. The organization helps more than 7,000 people in the Merrimack Valley each year through 20+ programs focused on youth development, parent education and emotional health. All of its services are infused with a sense of hope and possibility and enable individuals to thrive in their family, community, workplace and school. For more information, please visit www.FSMV.org. FSMV is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time, non-exempt position (32 hours per week) with a pay range of $21-$23/hour commensurate with experience. Family Services offers a generous benefit package including two health insurance options, dental insurance, fully paid life and long-term disability insurances as well as 4 paid weeks of Earned Time Off and 13 paid holidays per year! Family Services offers its valued and dedicated professionals a supportive and diverse work environment along with training and development opportunities. This is a hybrid, in-office and work from home role, with flexibility to meet the needs of the program.
Interested candidates should reference CASA Advocate Supervisor and send a cover letter and resume to: Danielle Emig, CASA Director, at email@example.com.